The Reverend Terry Spencer Jackson Founded St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church October 26, 1898
and pastored until his death in 1941. Reverend Jackson took care of the needy long
before government sponsored social programs. A Presbyterian tribute said,
"He was known as the Pastor of Nashville because of his work among people in all walks of life.
He fed children from his door and grown-ups were never turned away."
In the wake of Reverend
Jackson’s death, Reverend G.D. Hinkson served as supply pastor until 1942, when Reverend J. Louis Logan
was installed as permanent pastor. In September, 1946, under Reverend Logan’s leadership under the auspices
of Nashville Presbytery John Calvin Presbyterian Church was founded.
From late 1946 until 1951, supply ministers
filled the pulpit. In 1951, Reverend William A. Alexander, Sr. was installed as pastor and remained until his
retirement in 1991. During his tenure as pastor, the congregation experienced significant growth and the vision
changed from a local community-oriented ministry to a global ministry.
In 1952, construction of the present
St. Andrew’s facilities began and was completed in 1955. St. Andrew’s was without a pastor from January 1992 until
November 1993. The pulpit was supplied with ministers from various denominations. In 1993, Reverend Warner R. Durnell
came to serve as Designated pastor and in early 1994, he was added to the ministerial staff as Student Assistant Minister.
In November 1996, he was installed as pastor. Since then, St. Andrew’s has
undergone a series of changes that led to increased involvement in the life and ministries of the church.
July 28, 2001, John Calvin Presbyterian Church and St. Andrew’s merged congregations as a brighter witness could be realized.
In August, 2001, Reverend Dr. N. Horace Mann, Jr. became Parish Associate and Mr. Leonard E. Jordan became Lay Pastor for
St. Andrew’s Presbyterian.
Leonard E. Jordan serves as Pastor of St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church where he was born and raised.
Before serving as pastor, he served as Commissioned Lay Pastor at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church since 1993. In 2010,
Leonard is serving as the Moderator of the Presbytery of Middle Tennessee. A native Nashvillian,
Leonard is a graduate of Middle Tennessee State University where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in
Accounting and his ministry degree from Louisville Presbyterian Seminary. In addition to his ministry, for
the past 20 years Leonard has owned and operated State Farm Life Insurance Agency in the Antioch area.
Leonard is married to Gloria Jordan, and they live in Antioch with their three children—Leonard, II, Donovan,
Pastor Warner Durnell resigned in July 2003 and Lay Pastor Leonard E. Jordan, a native son of
St. Andrew’s was appointed as interim pastor where he served faithfully for two years. On October 30, 2005,
Reverend Eulando Henton was installed as the next permanent pastor. He resigned his pastoral duties in August 2007.
Lay Pastor Leonard E. Jordan was appointed by the Presbytery as Commissioned Lay Pastor in November 2007.